Friday, July 20, 2012

A Leap of Faith

My husband and I have recently decided to take a leap of faith and head south in hopes for a better quality of life for our young family.  We've been living in the tri-state area for most of our adult lives and are privileged to have experienced the wealth of culture that the area has to offer.  

The past few months have been a challenge and have tested our patience and ability to persevere when the going gets tough.  Not all have been cheerleaders in our campaign.  Our ears have fallen victim to countless lectures about leaving "great jobs in a tough economy," "leaving behind your network of family and friends," "making huge financial mistakes."  Blah Blah Blah....the list goes on and on.

I have come to understand that there will always be those who stand in our way throughout life.  I believe that it is how we deal with our critics that truly defines our character.  I am relatively fearless when it comes to change and welcome a little chaos every now and again.  There are no absolutes in this life,therefore, we must view each day as an opportunity to live life to its fullest.  I could exist in the day to day life that I was living, happily enough, working like a dog and spending much of my day in traffic, or I could take a risk.  Off to the beach I go with a positive mindset, without a job, and with incredible excitement for what lies ahead. 
Home Sweet Home in 2 more days!










3 comments:

  1. You go girl! Myrtle Beach is lucky to get you. You will affect and impact a community that will be lucky have you join them. I'm proud of you for taking your leap of faith. I've been happy for you and supportive of you since the day you told me. I'll just miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view on life. Nothing but love and good wishes are sent your way. Don't worry about the job, it awaits your arrival : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete