Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Outside of the comfort zone

The last few days have been a whirlwind.  After booking airline tickets to travel to our new home in Myrtle Beach this upcoming Wednesday, I received phone calls from two separate principals requesting my presence at interviews on Monday and Tuesday of this week.  Thinking that I had an entire week to pack, run errands, and bid farewell to friends and family, I was caught completely off guard.  In what seemed like a marathon, I was thankfully able to change my travel arrangements and pack the majority of my belongings.  The cost to make changes to our flight itinerary was incredibly expensive and I was no longer able to get a direct flight from New York to Myrtle Beach.  Traveling with a two-year old is complicated enough on a direct flight but beggars can't be choosers.  Things got even more challenging upon arrival at LaGuardia where the representatives for the airline were rude and disorganized.  It seemed that nothing would go my way.  We barely made it through security with enough time to board our flight before take off.

Alas, all is well.  I often stress about things that are out of my control, but in retrospect the day turned out awesome.  My two-year old was an angel that sat in her car seat for both flights.  Our connecting flight was delayed allowing extra time for her to run around and eat lunch between flights.  We did arrive at our final destination safely!  Airline attendants in Myrtle Beach were welcoming and friendly!  We were reunited with my husband and the weather was beautiful.  We arrived at our new apartment excited for our fresh start...and we immediately jumped into the pool!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the South girl! All the best to you and your family on this new chapter in your lives. I am so happy for you, and even though I'm in Dallas, living in the South has brought me so much joy and happiness every day. Best of luck on your interviews too :)

    ReplyDelete