Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Living with Less

I am astounded at the amount of clutter that my husband and I have acquired since our marriage and the birth of our daughter.  Before our cohabitation began, I was living alone in a tiny little one bedroom apartment in White Plains, NY.  I managed to fit everything that I owned neatly in that tiny little apartment...

Yet today I stand surrounded by boxes in our substantially larger, though not that large, temporary home wondering how on Earth I'm supposed to get this place organized in the two short weeks before I start working.  This leaves me pondering about the things that one actually needs for survival.  I have been teaching second graders about food, water and shelter for the past five years.  So, why am I surrounded by kitchen gadgets, keurig machines, cappuccino makers, for God sake all the toys, and a mountain of clothing that I will probably NEVER wear again considering I've moved a substantially warmer climate.  Despite the complete chaos of my living situation at the moment, I am grateful for the opportunity to reside in a small apartment once again before moving in to my new home.  It reminds me that all of this "STUFF" in my life is merely clutter.  It encourages me to consider the things truly important and necessary in my life.

I feel blessed today and everyday to have everything that I need in my life!

I also feel encouraged to list the heaping piles of crap on ebay and craigslist...why not capitalize on this revelation!

2 comments:

  1. BELIEVE...if we believe we can work together and organize this chaos, then we CAN organize it! I have faith in you!!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will arrive shortly to help with the clutter, however I will be bringing more STUFF!

    ReplyDelete